Friday, February 24, 2012

are you f*cking kidding me ...

so wednesday came and a bunch of us at crossfit bolton who had signed up for the 2012 crossfit games were anxiously awaiting the first workout. once i got rid of the girls at ghetto, i dashed upstairs to my trusty computer, clicked on the site and read the following ...

i repeat, 'are you fucking kidding me!!!' burpees - my least favorite exercise! and as if i wasn't already doing the gawd-awful things for our 115 royal burpee challenge! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! AND it wasn't just a burpee like i normally do - as in jump up randomly and clap - but i had to touch, with both hands, an object 6' above my outstretched fingertips! for gawd sakes! i went in to the club on thursday, and had father jimmy set me up. 'okay kendra, you have to hit your chest on the ground, and then jump up and hit the rings - every time - or they don't count'. a bunch of my friends were there cheering me on - lisa, jay, lori, kane - hiiiiiiiiiiiii kane - and andy and jess. lisa made sure one of my favorite songs was playing - 'outta your mind' by lil jon and lmfao - as father jimmy set the clock to zero. 3,2,1, go ... and i was off! stoopid burpees!

hilarious shot of my pants sliding off my arse - sorry guys!

so as i hit the rings for the last time, and tumbled to the ground, my final count was 86. i'm really happy with that - and no, i don't want to try again!! big big thanks to father jimmy and all my amazing friends who cheered me on !!

and CHECK THIS OUT !!! ahahaha! my favorite redheaded nephew got his hair done again - this time forgoing the 'wolf look' for a more 'punk rock' style! note that he's decorating cookies WITHOUT me!

i LOVE this kid !!!!!

i dragged moose out with me thursday afternoon for some hill repeats on the dingle! traction was great and we stomped around, up and down for about 90 minutes!

it was a beauty of a day for sure ...

taking a breather at the top of k2 ...

quinn's turn for some hills ...

whose ears are bigger ...

and finally, my thoughts (and a really big hug) go out to derrick's wife sara, who lost her beloved neeka this week. may you always see those little white clouds my friend.

rest in peace little white dog ...

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the little white dog thoughts, Kendra. Sweet of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu lost me at "a bunch of us at crossfit" ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wait chris - if i spend enough time with you, i will convert you! all it takes is one burpee ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the burpee wod Kendra!! Great score!

    Get some smaller pants Kendra!! lol

    That dog is beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss Sara.

    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks lovely! won't be so great on the next one though ...

    ReplyDelete